DC Jobs with Justice is doing our best to provide the most up to date information for workers, residents, and community members. When possible, we will link to government documents or other official sites, however, many sites are not yet updated with complete information.
At the moment, DC JWJ resources focus on the changes that were made in “COVID-19 Response Temporary Amendment Act of 2020” passed by the DC Council on Tuesday, March 17.
Also, please know that many of these changes are relevant during the Mayor- declared State of Emergency which currently ends on May 15. That date might be extended.
APRIL UPDATE: DC JWJ hosted a webinar in April that covered additional changes to local and federal legislation in response to the COVID crisis. Click here for a recording of the webinar. The webinar covered important changes such as:
- Expanded unemployment benefits
- Changes to how we access federal assistance
- New protections against technology cut-offs
- New procedures for elections
Learn more and resources from DC JWJ:
Links to other resources:
- Coronavirus Resources from the Mayor’s office: coronavirus.dc.gov
- DC Council Elissa Silverman: D.C. Unemployment Insurance (UI) Basics for COVID-19 Emergency
- DC Government: Video on applying for unemployment
- DC Office of the Attorney General: Coronavirus Consumer Alerts
- DCist: How To Get Unemployment And Other Benefits In D.C., Virginia, And Maryland
- Legal Aid DC: Non-legal Resource Guide
- Unite Here! Local 25 Resources: Coronavirus and Unemployment Resources by State (DC, MD, VA)
- Washington Interfaith Network: Accessing food and plugging in to volunteer